Fast fire forces families to flee Andover apartments

ANDOVER – Several people were forced to evacuate when an attic fire quickly spread Sunday night at apartments and a restaurant in downtown Andover. It took firefighters about four hours to completely extinguish the blaze at 60 Public Square, according to Andover Fire Department reports. The Andover Diner, located on the first floor of the building, was closed Monday because of smoke and water damage, but was expected to reopen today or tomorrow. Firefighters determined it was an electrical fire, according to reports. No one was injured, the report stated.
-0-